11.15.2006

Hypnosis and Punk Rock

They don't necessarily go together like chocolate and peanut butter, (you got your punk in my hypnosis! You got your hypnosis in my punk! OMG, it's Sonic Youth! Tasty!) but they are two things that crossed my path today that I found interesting in a passing fancy kind of way.

Hypnosis: Pzizz is calling it "a personal life coaching system, energy and stress, health and fitness" thing-a-mabob, and they even have the science to prove it. (And how we all love science.) And who wouldn't enjoy a guided nap in the middle of the afternoon, something to reinvigorate the mind and body, eh?
Well hold on there hot to trot, this ain't all innocent naps and getting over your Oedipus complex. Keep this warning in mind: (the small print is at the bottom of the Web page)
THE PZIZZ SOFTWARE
copyright © 2005 Brainwave Limited. All Rights Reserved.

WARNING


Do not use the pzizz product if you suffer from epilepsy, clinical depression or any other nervous or psychiatric condition. If you are in doubt please consult your doctor/physician before you use the pzizz product. The pzizz product should not be used when driving, operating machinery or at any other time when full alertness is required.

So, if the voices are already talking to me, using Pzizz will most likely either confuse or irritate them, and who knows what will happen next? I mean, I was honestly thinking about using this. I don't fall asleep easily and something to relax me and siphon some of the detritus floating around in my head would be GREAT! But what on earth are they possibly feeding you with their " Neuro Linguistic Programming", eh? Sounds like an entrance exam to a cult.



In cheerier happenstance, the hubster sent me a link to Boing!Boing! because one of the authors posted a list of his favorite punk songs with videos from YouTube. Ah, boys screaming in to microphones.
I cannot claim to be a punk rock afficianado. I don't own any albums, I was actually pretty young when the punk revolution was in full swing, and I was probably more of an early goth/emo kind of girl than I was aware of. (Yay Smiths!) But there are songs that I recognize on this list and it makes my happy to think of them. No memories attached to these songs. I wasn't at a certain place at a certain time with a certain someone. Just some decent music to jump around to and forget that I'm probably never going to work in a place where dying my hair blue will be acceptable ever again. (Well, not counting becoming a waitress at a greasy spoon when I'm 65/70 when my hair will have gone all silver and I can get a "silver wash" is a variety of shades of blue. I wonder if I'll still be able to find horn rimmed glasses then? Mert. MERT! Order up!)
Heh heh heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi LjLucy

Hehe - don't worry - there's no pzizz cult - and there are *no* submliminal messages anywhere in the soundtracks!

Unfortunately, in an increasingly litigious world, we are required to include this warning by our insurance company! It's the same for anything that includes spoken suggestions...

I haven't heard of anyone having a "bad experience" while using pzizz, but we still have to put the warning up - c'est la vie!

Happy pzizzing, everyone!

edward

edward laing
ceo, brainwave enterprises
"the people behind pzizzing..."

:-)