7.14.2009

So here's the thing...

I'm at an Americorps Vista orientation thing in Philadelphia. The first time I've been out of NH in years. Flew on a plane and everything. Wanted to do some blogging, but I'm so damned tired all I've got for you is my shoes and the view outside my window at the Marriott.








It has been an interesting day so far. One in which I feel I've been too "on". Nervous so I'm having a difficult time relaxing. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have slowed down a bit and can get more of a vibe of the people here. And meet more people too.

Perhaps the most entertaining thing I've heard today? The flight attendant on the plane. As she backed down the isle after drink service her tape was on the club mix of "Excuse me. Watch your knees, watch your elbows, can I get anybody anything?"

I think there was a Doppler shift as she walked past.

Tomorrow I will try to talk a bit about this whole Americorps business, and about my one adventure outside of the hotel to the Reading Terminal Market where I had amazing sushi, but was too nervous to take photos. As usual.

1 comment:

Tetsubo said...

Enjoy yourself Love.