2.14.2006

My first photo friday


Yay! Though I didn't get back to post everyday like I wanted to I've posted my first photo to photo friday! (Click the title link, you know you want to!)

About Photo Friday: (straight from their pages)
Each week Photo Friday posts a photo assignment. Your mission is the creative interpretation of the week's theme. When you're done, post the picture you took to your website and submit your link to Photo Friday.

Photo Friday is about challenging our participants to be original and creative within the constraints of the week's theme. It's not a competition. Anyone with a camera and a place on the internet to post pictures can participate.

This week's challenge is blur. When I first started taking photos I had no idea about the potential of a poorly lit room, a flash, and a man in motion. This is what I got. It's a store in Massachusetts called Origamido and the co-owner here has made what is called a butterfly ball. After piecing all of the paper together into a ball like structure you can throw the ball up with and a quick tap of the fingers produces what looks like a small storm of butterflies as the ball breaks apart. What I like about this shot is because of the way I captured the break it actually looks as if the "butterflies" are trying to get away from him.


Yes, I know it's Tuesday. I'm just not as quick on the draw as some other people.

As a matter of fact "procrastination" is a word I've been familiar with since childhood. When others were still calling it boredom or dilly dallying, I knew the true magic of the word. Still do.
If I ever get around to it ;) I'm going to rewrite "Anticipation" by Carly Simon with a change in perspective.


But anyway. It's slowly crawling to 60 degrees here in the office and I've got warm morning things to be doing so I can be out the door by 7:30.

No comments: